I was browsing through a Shopsmart Shoe Poll today, and I read some interesting facts. After I post these I think I might make some polls of my own to see if they match up!
What’s In Your Closet?
* 15% of the female population has over 30 pairs currently in their closets.
* One third (33%) of women have trouble finding the room to store all of their shoes.
The Price You Pay
* On average, women purchase four pairs of shoes per year.
* 97% of women say that their shoe shopping has never created financial problems for them, but 13% have hidden a purchase from a significant other.
* 60% of women have regretted at least one shoe purchase.
Suffering for Fashion
* Close to half of the female population (43%) has been injured, at least moderately, by their shoes.
* 8% of women have experienced severe injuries such as sprains or breaks.
Online Shoe Shopping-Not Yet a Big Hit
* Unlike clothing, which is the most often purchased item online by women, online shoe shopping has not yet caught on. Only 14% of women make any of their shoe purchases online.
* 74% of women said that their main reason for not shopping online is that they prefer to try on shoes before purchasing.
Tips to Online Shoe Shopping
The Web is where you will find the widest range of styles, sizes and bargains. And with the growth of free shipping on purchases and returns, shopping online is less intimidating. ShopSmart experts share their online shopping tips to help you get the best deal every time:
* STICK TO BRANDS YOU KNOW: If you are new to shoe shopping online, sticking with brands you know and love can raise your odds of getting a pair that fits. Or shop only at sites with free returns like Zappos and Piperlime, which send you easy-to-use, prepaid UPS return labels.
* TRY SHOES ON CARPETED SURFACES: When shoes arrive in the mail, only try them on carpeted surfaces so the bottoms won’t get scuffed. Many sites won’t accept returns if the shoes have visible wear, like rough bottoms, creases in the leather or any dirt.
* KEEP ALL ORIGINAL PACKAGING: To ensure that the shoes will appear new if you choose to return them, keep everything including the little pack of silica gel.
* SEND UNWANTED SHOES BACK FAST: Some sites, like Zappos, will accept returns for up to a year but most require returns to be made within 30 to 60 days of purchase.
* SIGN UP FOR E-MAIL UPDATES: To catch the big bargains, sign up for e-mail updates to be notified of the latest sales.
Take my poll below!!